The year 2022 started with a lot of healthcare providers, especially nurses, surging to the UK to find greener pastures. Are you a healthcare assistant or auxiliary nurse looking for nursing aides or patient care jobs in the UK? Here are some nursing assistant jobs in UK for you.
To provide you with the right information to make a decision to apply for nursing aide jobs in the UK, we have come up with a list of nursing or healthcare assistant jobs you can apply for now in the UK.
Also, we have included the educational criteria to become a nursing assistant.
Who is a Nursing Assistant?
A Nurse or Healthcare Assistant in the UK as it’s popularly known can also be referred to as a certified nursing assistant (CNA). Also, many also refer to people in this career path as Auxiliary Nurses in the UK.
The major job description of auxiliary nurses is to ensure that hospital patients or patients in any other medical or clinical facility get the best care possible.
Also, they work closely with the nurses to help patients on their path to recovery, comfort and safety.
Certified nursing assistants help perform critical tasks that ensure the patients are well-cared for and safe during their hospital stay.
Auxiliary nurses in the UK is a very important position in any hospital setting in the UK. And as such nursing or healthcare assistant jobs in the UK is in high demand.
Also Read: 10 Best Nursing Schools in Texas
What is the Job Description of Healthcare Assistants the UK?
Nursing assistants have many responsibilities within and outside the hospital or any other medical facilities. Thier role in these facilities make their skills one of the most sought after.
Currently, nursing aides have become an integral part of the patient recovery process in healthcare centers in UK. Here’s the job description of what an auxiliary nurse does;
- Gathering medical supplies
- Bathing, grooming, feeding and documenting patient’s food and liquid intake.
- Also, helping to turn or move patients from one place or the other.
- Helping patients with direct healthcare needs, often under the supervision of a nurse.
- Working directly with patients to help them with many physical and complex tasks to improve patient care.
- Checking vital signs such as blood pressure and heart rate as well as answering patient calls.
- Also, documenting information and stocking supplies.
- Cleaning rooms and bed linens and carrying out safety procedures to ensure patient safety.
- Assisting with some medical procedures and taking care of wounds.
Besides this, patient’s care assistant jobs description can be facility dependent. What this means is that there may be additional roles and responsibilities or some unique requirements depending on the facility you work in.
Where Can A Nursing Assistant Find Jobs?
If you’re looking for patient care jobs, keep in mind that your search is limited to all kinds of healthcare settings or such like facilities.
Some of which includes;
- Nursing homes.
- Rehabilitation centers.
- Adult daycare centers.
- Hospice Environments.
- Long-term residential facilities.
- Although rare, they can work in clinical facilities.
How Do I Become a Nursing Assistant UK?
There are no set entry requirements to become a nursing assistant in the UK. Also, there is no educational requirements however you should possess the necessary skills.
Nonetheless, becoming a nursing assistant in the UK is a straight forward process. Most employers expect good literacy and numeracy.
Also, a good command of English is needful. Lastly, all prospective nursing assistants need to undergo trainings such as BTEC or NVQ.
In addition to the above, you need to possess the following skills;
- Proper hygiene.
- Good teamwork skills.
- Possess interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to lift and move patients.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Understanding of common disorders.
- Flexibility in work duties and schedule.
- Great written and verbal communication.
- Ability to carefully read and follow directions.
- Good foundation of clinical skills and knowledge.
Top 10 Nursing Assistant Jobs in the UK
#1. Nursing Assistant – Treatment Center at WCH
- Location: Manchester, England, United Kingdom.
- Facility: Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust.
- Base: Treatment Center, Withington Community Hospital.
Part-time nursing assistant job recruitment ongoing for people who have had previous NHS experience in a Day Surgery/Theater or Endoscopy setting.
Also, Al prospective employees will serve as a circulatory nurse in the operating theater assisting trained staff during treatment room sessions.
Also, you will be required to work occasionally in the Endoscopy decontamination room and undertake manual washing and reprocessing of endoscopes.
#2. Nursing Assistant – We Care Recruitment Solutions Ltd
- Location: Gateshead, England, United Kingdom.
- Facility: We Care Recruitment Solutions Ltd.
Currently there are Nursing Assistant Jobs for prospective nursing aides to join a residential care home based in Newcastle.
You will be able to work with the Nurse in Charge and will take responsibility for the smooth running of the service while on duty.
Also, you will respond to emergencies and provide guidance and support to Care Assistants under the supervision of qualified nursing staff or Deputy Manager.
#3. Nursing Assistant at Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust.
- Location: Derby, England, United Kingdom.
- Facility: Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust.
Three nursing aides in the UK are needed to work with Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust at Tissington, Kingsway Hospital.
Majorly, you will be working with older people experiencing functional ill health in the inpatient setting.
#4. Band 2 Nursing Assistant at University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust
- Location: Staffordshire, England, United Kingdom.
- Facility: University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust.
At the University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust, Nursing Assistants are required to work full-time for 37.5 hours.
Your services are required in the Nursing/Midwifery department with special functions in A&E Medicine. People new to healthcare who have no experience are suitable for the role.
Also, accommodation is available for successful candidates at the Royal Stoke University Hospital or County Hospital, Staffordshire.
#5. Theater Nursing Assistant at The Trafford Theaters at WTWA.
- Location: Urmston, England, United Kingdom.
- Facility: Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust.
This is one of the nursing assistant jobs available in the UK. Nursing aides can work with the team to sustain their reputation for clinical excellence, research and development, teaching, learning, and treating patients with compassion, respect, and dignity.
The company provides all starters with a supernumerary orientation and induction programme.
See this list of Top 10 Nursing Aide Jobs In Switzerland In 2022
#6. Children’s Mental Health Support Nursing Assistant
- Location: St Philip Marsh, England, United Kingdom.
- Facility: University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust.
Just like the name signifies, this is one of the patient’s healthcare assistant jobs in the UK open to children nursing aides who possess an NVQ Level 3 / QCF in Health and Social Care or equivalent, and or working towards.
One of the criteria for application is that you must enjoy working with children and young people and also be interested in mental health.
#7. RAF Nursing Assistant at NHS Grampian.
- Location: Orkney Isles, Scotland, United Kingdom.
- Facility: NHS Grampian.
Healthcare assistant jobs lasts for 22.5 Hours per week at NHS Grampian with an allowance of £3,336.48 per annum.
Your job is to support registered nurses to deliver high quality, person centered care to patients with mental health problems.
Besides the skills required of a nursing assistant, all prospective candidates must have a working knowledge of basic information technology.
#8. Care Assistant Days at Sanctuary Records Group
- Location: Ivybridge, England, United Kingdom.
- Facility: Sanctuary Records Group.
This is a Non-organizational facility that aims at caring, nurturing and enriching the lives of all their inpatients.
Also, it is one of the nursing homes that pays nursing aides between £9.60 to £9.79 per hour. However, keep in mind that it’s both a full-time or part-time job depending on your preference.
#9. Senior Care Assistant at Elite Search Associates.
- Location: Leeds, England, United Kingdom.
- Facility: Elite Search Associates.
- Base: Residential Care Home in Wakefield, West Yorkshire.
If you’re looking for a Non-nursing, Residential Care, Support Work, this is one of the jobs you should apply for.
Residential Care Home in Wakefield, West Yorkshire is in need of nursing assistants with a £10.55 pay per hour.
However, this role is open to only Senior Care Assistants. It comes with many packages and benefits.
#10. Healthcare assistant at Howard Finley
- Location: Faversham, England, United Kingdom.
- Facility: Howard Finley.
Currently, recruitment is ongoing at a 49 bedded Nursing Home-based in Faversham. This facility provides Care and Support to those of old age and those who suffer from conditions such as Dementia.
However, note that this full-time job comes with a £10.50 pay per hour.
Frequently Asked Questions About Nursing Assistant Jobs in the UK.
How Much Do Nursing Assistants Make in UK?
How much you earn as a nursing assistant in the UK depends largely in the kind of jobs you get, where you work and the duration of your services.
However, on the average, a nursing or auxiliary nurse in the United Kingdom earns approximately £14,543 at the NHS. This is 26% below the national average.
Where Do Nursing Assistants Make The Most Money?
If you’re looking to earn more as a nurse assistant, you need to consider working in certain countries.
Nursing assistant jobs in Alaska pays higher salaries in the world. Other countries include New York, California, Hawaii, and Massachusetts.
Who is a Nurse Assistant Clinical?
Clinical Nurse Assistants are healthcare assistants who have undergone a two-year training in a Health Assistant Clinical or Community Health Nursing programmes.
Unlike the Certified Nursing Assistants, Clinical Nurse Assistants provide healthcare services to patients or clients under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse or Midwife.
How Long Does It Take To Become A Nursing Assistant?
Like earlier stated, becoming a nursing assistant in the UK does not require much trainings. Usually, it takes just between 4 and 12 weeks for one to train and become a certified nursing assistant.
However, this is not a one size fits it all duration. The certification programs can take longer than 6 months or less to complete.
You too can get the best nursing or healthcare assistant jobs in the UK just by applying via the links above.
We wish you good luck!!!
- 10 Best Nursing Schools in Texas
- Best Nursing Homes in Indiana in 2022
- How To Become A Pharmaceutical Rep In 2022: An Ultimate Guide
- Top 10 Nursing School Interview Questions You Should Prepare For In 2022